The Internet Explorer was maintained as the standard browser by Microsoft in all the Windows operating systems released till now. Even though the Microsoft Internet Explorer is considered as a stable browser, there are occasions at which some problems occur with the browser that encumber the seamless functioning. In some cases Windows Explorer faces troublesome issues that make the functioning of the browser a nightmare to the user. In most of these cases reinstalling the Internet Explorer remains as the only option for the user. Since the reinstallation procedure of IE is very easy, users don’t have to think twice. Microsoft Support websites have guidelines for installing Internet explorer. For your comfort, instructions for reinstalling Internet Explorer are given here.
1. Power ON your PC and wait for the Windows platform to boot. Login in using Administrator account.
2. After the Windows desktop is loaded, open any browser other than Internet Explorer which is showing erratic behavior.
3. Navigate to Microsoft Support website and download the Internet Explorer setup file. The file which is downloaded will have the .exe extension.
4. Save the downloaded file to any directory. Now close all the Internet Explorer windows and check whether any process related to Internet explorer is running in background by checking the Task manager.
5. You can’t remove Internet Explorer from Windows as it is not listed in the programs and features window. Since you have the new file, open it to start the installation wizard.
6. Give permissions for UAC if asked. The Installation Wizard asks for permission to overwrite the previously installed Internet Explorer.
7. Wait for the Installation process to complete. (It will take a few minutes depending upon the Computer configuration)
8. After the installation is complete, restart the computer and use the browser.
A. Using Registry cleaner to clean the registry of your system before the installation will do well. This will remove any old registry entries made by the previously installed version of Internet Explorer.
B. Using any third party installers to remove the old Internet explorer files is good. This will remove any old corrupted files of Internet explorer. If done by this means, the new installation will be fresh and will have a very low probability of having errors.
C. Don’t do System restore in any case to restore the files of Internet explorer. It’s a very foolish step.
Hope this article helps you.