You can configure the Microsoft Outlook 2013 program to access your email account with ease. It is the latest version of the Outlook email manager program released by Microsoft. Follow the simple Outlook setting instructions given below for configuring server settings in Outlook 2013 for accessing your email.
- Open the Outlook 2013 application by clicking on its icon found in the Microsoft Office folder in the Start menu.
- If you are opening Outlook for the first time, it will ask you to setup a new account.
- If the system does not ask you to add a new account, you can add an account by clicking on the Add Account option found under the File menu.
- Now to configure the server settings, click on Manual setup or additional server types option found at the bottom of the window and then click on the Next button.
- Now choose the type of account as POP or IMAP and then click on the Next button.
- Now enter your name and the email address in the field provided in the page and make sure to select the type of email as IMAP.
- Now set the incoming and outgoing server addresses as mail.messagingengine.com and ensure that the User Name field contains your complete username.
- To change other values related to incoming and outgoing servers, click on the More Settings button and then on the Outgoing Server tab.
- Now put a check mark on the checkbox found beside the option My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and then click on the Advanced tab.
- Set both the incoming and outgoing servers to use SSL encryption for sending and receiving emails.
- Set the Incoming port number as 993, the Outgoing port number as 465 and set the Root folder path as Inbox.
- Press on the OK button when you are done configuring the server settings.
- The Outlook 2013 application will now perform a connection check operation for checking if the Outlook setting you have entered is right. When the test is completed, close the window and then click on the Next button and then on the Finish button to complete the process.
Your account and its server settings have been successfully configured now. If you have any doubts regarding the instructions given above, feel free to contact our Outlook support team.